West Gwinnett Aquatic Center is offering to waive the $62 registration fee for a lifeguard certification course offered during Christmas break.
The American Red Cross blended learning offering of the lifeguard program incorporates online learning portions of the course and in-person water, first-aid, and CPR/AED skills training. Prerequisite swim test must be completed prior to registration. Contact West Gwinnett Aquatic Center to set up a time to complete the prerequisite swim test, 678-407-8801.
- Must be 15 years of age by the end of the course. Proof of age required.
- 300 yards (12 lengths) continuous swim using freestyle, breaststroke, or a combination of both. Freestyle must be recognizable and show rhythmic breathing. Breaststroke must be demonstrated using a pull, breath, kick, and glide sequence. Goggles are allowed.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs. Candidates place their hands under their armpits.
- Swim 20 yards and perform a surface dive to retrieve a 10 lb brick from 10 ft of water and swim 20 yards with the brick back to the starting point and exit the pool. This is a timed event, 1 minute 40 seconds. Goggles are not allowed.
Registration will follow successful completion of the prerequisite swim test.
Class dates and times:
- Friday 12/27: 5 pm to 8 pm
- Saturday 12/28: 8 am to 4 pm
- Sunday 12/29: 8 am to 4 pm
Participants will be emailed a link to the online blended learning portion approximately one week prior to the start of the course. Certain online components are due before the first day of the course. Participants must complete the online portion by the deadline (7 hours of online material). Failure to meet a deadline and bring completion print out will result in removal from the course without any refund.
To schedule your prerequisite swim test, call West Gwinnett Aquatic Center 678-407-8801. 4488 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Peachtree Corners, GA 30071
More information HERE